Parent-child relations are very delicate and yet very important to nurture with utmost priority. A child learns whatever he sees his parents doing. The relationship between a child and a parent is that of belonging, trust, reliability and unconditional love. You need to ensure that you have positive and healthy parent and child relations for the better upbringing of your child. A positive relation helps in the better emotional, social, physical and mental well-being of a child.
If the relationship is faulty, it may lead to disturbances in the child’s personality and behavior when he grows up. There are various other benefits of positive child relations.
Benefits of Positive Parenting Styles
- Children who grow under a secure and healthy family atmosphere are more attached to their parents when they grow up. Such children also end up having contended and happy relations with their spouses.
- Such a child can handle their emotions better and can deal with stressful situations in a better way.
- A healthy parent-child relationship promotes a better emotional, social and mental growth of the child. Such a child is able to interact with the society in a better way.
- Such a child is more confident and exhibits an optimistic overall personality.
- A child who has a healthy and positive relationship with parents ends up performing better in arts, sports or academics.
- Such children have better problem-solving skills. They also turn out to be better neighbors and better citizens.
Positive Parenting Style Tips
- Never compare your child with others.
- Always appreciate your child for their efforts, even if they are not up to the mark.
- You can always help them do better by pushing them ahead in the right way.
- Motivation in the right sense always helps your child’s growth.
- Spend more time with your children.
- Try and take out time for important school events like parent’s day, sport’s day, etc.
- Always reinforce good manners in a healthy and stern way.
- Never make promises that you cannot keep.
- Always keep your phones or laptops on the side when your child wants to speak to you.
- Take them to fun parks, amusement parks, theatre, etc on weekends and spend happy holidays with them.
- Indulge in happy DIY tasks with them to enable better bonding.
- Have boundaries, rules and consequences to ensure that you also impose certain strictness on your children.
- Always give time to your child, listen and empathize. Your child should find a friend in you always.
There are various ways to ensure a healthy and positive relationship with your child right from the beginning. Also, as a good parent, always make sure that you help you child in problem solving in such a way that he/she later tries to do the same themselves. This will help in building a better bond with your child and also upbringing better individuals in the society.