Here’s another reason to eat nuts: Not only do they boost your immunity, they are also a must-have for healthy, glowing hair and skin!
Nuts are yummy, packed with vitamins and minerals, and make for an energising snack for busy mums and dads.
Here’s another reason to include a handful of these delightfully crunchy morsels into your daily diet: Nuts also feed your hair and skin.
Yes, did you know that the immune-boosting and heart-healthy vitamins, minerals and healthy fats found in nuts are also essential for strong, glossy tresses and skin? Here, we highlight three nutritious nuts.
- Almonds are one of the richest sources of vitamin E, which is required for a healthy immune system, skin and hair. A serving contains around 7mg of vitamin E, which is almost half of the daily recommended intake for adults.
- A serving (28g) of almonds contains 3.5g of fibre, 6g of protein, as well as nutrients like calcium, magnesium, potassium, riboflavin and other antioxidants.
- Almonds are high in monounsaturated healthy fats, which have been associated with a lower risk of heart disease.
- A serving will set you back by around 161 calories but its high fibre and protein content means a little goes a long way in keeping you feeling energised and full.
- Cashews are rich in copper, a mineral that is important for the production of melanin, which helps with the production of skin and hair pigment.
- Cashews are also packed with phytochemicals, proteins and antioxidants such as selenium, zinc, magnesium, iron and phosphorus.
- A one-quarter cup (around 32g) serving contains about 200 calories, 5g of protein and 9g of carbohydrates.
- Low in sugar and rich in fibre, cashews are also a good source of heart-friendly monounsaturated fatty acids, which have been shown to lower harmful LDL-cholesterol in the blood.
- Like almonds and cashews, macadamia nuts are loaded with nutritious vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants like manganese.
- A serving (28g) contains 204 calories, 2g of protein, 4g of carbohydrates and 3g of fibre.
- If you are keeping your weight in check, its high-protein, healthy fat and fibre content can help stave off mid-day hunger pangs and keep you full for longer.
Glow with healthy snacks from Nature’s Wonders
Add these healthy nuts into your daily diet for naturally-glowing, happy skin and hair, but steer clear of those laden with salt, sugar and preservatives.
Nature’s Wonders’ premium Baked Almonds, Baked Cashew Nuts and Baked Macadamia Nuts not only make for tasty treats, they also contain an impressive array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants required for good health and skin.
Lightly baked, they do not contain any additional preservatives or salt, making them ideal for everyday consumption for busy mums and dads who need a pick-me-up snack and nutrient boost. Include them in your kids’ snack boxes – they would love them as well!
You can also add the nuts to your breakfast cereal, salad or as a topping to ice cream. Each packet comes in a resealable pack, so you can always reseal it if you cannot finish them in a go.
Nature’s Wonders’ premium range of products are available at all major supermarkets and hypermarkets across Singapore.
— Brought to you by Nature’s Wonders —