How to Get Sole Parental Responsibility After Child Custody? -

How to Get Sole Parental Responsibility After Child Custody?

Sole Parental Responsibility

Sole Parental Responsibility (SPR) is one of California’s many parenting plans that has helped parents and guardians get their children back. SPR has been designed to assist parents who are unable to care for their children due to either sickness or injury.

Parents who are under SP can go through an attorney who will assist them with obtaining legal custody rights. There are many steps in the process, which is why it is best to seek out an attorney to help you get your case started. The attorney will be able to advise you on what steps you need to take.

Once you have filed an SP, you will be responsible for all of your child’s care. You will have to submit to paternity tests and then submit them to the court if necessary. The court will determine if you have sole parental responsibility based upon birth and the place where the child was born. Your father’s name will also be on the birth certificate.

In most cases, you will not be asked to give up any other custodial responsibilities. Your attorney will explain the details of the law in this area so that you are aware of what your rights are not in violation of these laws. Your father may have rights that can override your SP.

Sole Parental Responsibility

A man that is on fire

If you are in this situation, there are a few steps you need to take so that you can obtain the custody rights you have been looking for. If you wish to remain in your position, it is a good idea to work with your attorney. He or she can help you negotiate for child support from your ex-spouse and help you establish paternity so that you can get visitation rights.

Child support is usually determined by how much money you make and how much money your ex-spouse makes. If your ex-spouse makes more than you do, you will be required to pay a percentage of his or her income into your child’s welfare. This will ensure that your children receive the money they need.

Your SP will give you a date that your child is going to be taken from you. If you wish to apply to have the child taken from you, your attorney will be able to help you with this process.

Once you have custody, you will need to set up an Alimony Agreement, which is a legally binding agreement between both you and your ex-spouse to pay off the payments that are still due after the custody agreement is reached. Your attorney will help you set this up so that you can get what is due to you as soon as possible.

A Much Ado

A close up of a man brushing his teeth

After the agreement is set up, you can make changes to your child’s medical needs. You may choose to keep a health plan provided by your ex-spouse or decide to start your own plan. You must work with your lawyer before doing anything else to your child’s medical condition because once it is changed, you can never reverse it.

The sole parent should always try to meet his or her child’s needs, no matter where he or she lives. If you are a stay at home parent, this is very important to remember because your child is going to need the attention of someone who is willing to take care of him or her.

Final Words

If you cannot meet this responsibility, your SP may decide to end your sole parental rights and get visitation rights. Even though this can be devastating, it does not mean that you are giving up any legal rights. If you and your ex-spouse cannot agree, you can ask for child custody through the court system.

If you want to change your SP or get back visitation rights, you should contact your attorney to find out what options are available to you. You can do many things to have some or all of your sole parental responsibilities restored.

Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter