No oven? No problem! Try out this no-bake recipe for a kid-friendly cacao and almond butter tart to satisfy you and your little one’s sweet tooth. This recipe, which makes one tart, is contributed by Bella Koh of @catslavery fame on Instagram. The influencer mum is well-known for her #slowlife philosophy and her #eatclean recipes.
No-bake cacao and almond butter tart
135g coconut oil
100g raw cacao powder
75g almond butter
60g raw honey
60g coconut sugar
150g almond butter
200g organic oats
40g coconut oil, melted
30g almond butter
30g raw honey
Dried fruits and nuts
1. First, make the top layer by popping all the ingredients in a medium pan and melting together over low heat. Make sure it doesn’t burn and it’ll turn into a glossy mixture. Set aside to cool.
2. For the base, blend the oats in a food processor. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
3. Press the base mixture into a 12 by 8-inch rectangular tart pan, or a 10-inch tart pan.
4. For the second layer of the tart, spread almond butter over the base and leave it in the freezer for 30 minutes or until hardened.
5. Lastly, pour the cacao mixture to create the top layer, and spread it out evenly. Garnish with slivered almonds or your preferred dried fruits and nuts.
6. Store in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
More kid-friendly recipes:
Chick pull-apart bao
Marbled Easter eggs
Apricot, date and coconut bliss balls
Singapore food blogger mums share their best kid-approved recipes
5 congee and porridge recipes for families
4 brain-boosting recipes to feed your child
3 easy gourmet recipes to wow your family